The Challenge Program offers scholarships to local high school students who excel in five award categories. The 2019-2020 winners are:
- Attendance – Shawn Fairfax & Francis Pane
- STEM – Nathan Lucy & Serenity Fullem
- Community Service – Joshua Miller & Gracie Guthrie
- Academic Improvement – Cheyenne Wilson & Zane Maust
- Academic Excellence – Catherine Wallace & Addison Wilhelm
There is also a Student of the Year award. Sponsored by local business premier partner J.D. Ewing president of COE Distributing.
Instead of an assembly program this year due to social distance requirements, the presentation is being made virtually in the video below. The theme this year is “Why not you and why not now.” Program founder, Dan Perkins, explains how the challenge program began and how “Tough times don’t last, tough people do.”
Students should complete the Student Reflection Survey that is part of your high school career readiness portfolio. You can also follow the challenge program on social media for updates, prizes and giveaways.