Everyone loves watching Christmas movies leading up to Christmas. As soon as December 1st hits, Christmas movies are on the television 24/7, at least in my house. Here’s the top 5 best movies to watch for Christmas.
- Home Alone– 8-year-old, Kevin McCallister gets mistakenly left home alone by his family when they take a trip to Paris for Christmas. He eventually comes to realize two men are planning to rob the residence and he must protect his home.
- Elf– Buddy the Elf is finally told that he was a human raised by elves and sets out to New York City to find his real dad. While having trouble fitting in, Buddy helps spread Christmas cheer to save Christmas and makes everyone believe in Santa once again.
- A Christmas Story Played all day on Christmas, A Christmas Story is about a boy named Ralphie who dodges his bully, dreams of his ideal Christmas gift, is odds at his dad but then comforted by his mother, and yet tries to make it to Christmas with his hopes intact.
- The Polar Express When a doubting young boy takes an extraordinary train ride to the North Pole, he discovers that for those who believe, the fun adventure never fades.
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas The Grinch, who hates Christmas, decides to ruin it for the Who’s and steals all their decorations and presents. Then he has a change of heart when he sees that the Who’s still celebrate even with the unfortunate act he committed.