The crazy year we have been through has made us adapt how we learn. Many schools have been using different technologies, while here at Uniontown we are using Canvas. Below are some tips to help you have a better experience with Canvas. To learn more about using Canvas visit, https://www.instructure.com/.
The first thing you see when you open Canvas is your dashboard. Here your classes will be listed, along with a to-do list on the side, and recent feedback section.
Personalizing Your Dashboard
- To change the color of your class card, click on the the three dots in the corner of the class card.
- Choose your color.
- Hit apply.
- To move the order in which your cards appear, click on the three dots.
- Click Move in the upper tab.
- Decide where to move it by clicking move to top, move to bottom, move up, or move down.
- To remove a class card or add one, click Courses on the left tab.
- Click on All Courses
- Star the courses you would like to add, or un-star the courses you would want to remove.
- To change your notifications, click on your Account on the left tab.
- Click on Notifications.
- Click on the bell under the email tab to select whether or not notifications get sent to your email.
- Click on the bell under the All Devices tab to select whether or not notifications pop up on your mobile device.
- To change your profile pic, click on your account on the left tab.
- Click on profile.
- Click on the profile image.
- Select your photo and click save.
Mobile Device Settings
The app is free on Android and IOS devices.
- If you downloaded the app on your phone, you can make your current grade appear on your dashboard. To do so, click on the three stacked lines in the left hand corner.
- Turn the toggle on or off where it says show grades.