Having a part time job, being in school and having extracurricular activities such as sports and other clubs can sometimes be a lot of work. The upside of having a part time job is the money that comes with it.. But sometimes it takes longer to receive than to spend it. Here are some helpful tips to helping you stay on track with your money:
- Set your goal. Say how much you want to save and how much you’re going to allow yourself to spend every pay check.
- Calculate how much you earn after taxes, just to see what you’re working with and how much you are actually getting.
- Calculate all of your expenses. Save receipts and see where you are spending most of your money.
- Divide your budget into categories, such as necessities and what you want but don’t necessarily need.
- Always make adjustments to your budget based on how you work.
I hope these tips were beneficial and help you start to save money in the long run!