The cast of the Spring musical, “Little Shop of Horrors” has been set and practices have begun. Practices are scheduled in shifts for certain characters and scenes now. Soon the entire cast will rehearse together. The students have been working long and hard.
Shayna Mitchell, a senior, a One Acts and musical cast member for 3 years at UHS, interviewed a select few of students that have been cast in this years musical. The select students include the leads, dance captains and some of the ensemble. In fear that this year was going to have a small number of participants, our directors decided on this small, yet strong, musical.
- Cooper Waligura, a senior, One Acts and musical cast member is our nerdy lead, “Botanical Genius”, Seymour Krelborn. Cooper has been in the musical for 3 years. He had a lot of small, but significant, lead roles ranging from Fiddler on the Roof, Anything Goes and now Little Shop of Horrors.
- Claire White, a freshman and new musical member is our female lead Audrey. Claire has done theater for years and is finally showing off her impressive voice.
- Brody Smith, a junior, One Acts and musical cast member, also a previous stage crew member, is our second male lead Audrey 2. Brody has been a member of One Acts as an actor, as stage crew for musical for 3 years and is now acting along side with his friends for this years musical.
- Andrea Gurtner, a junior and new to the musical setting, is one of Little Shops Urchins that help and support Seymour throughout the musical.
- Dusty Plume, a sophomore, has done One Acts and musical for 2 years. In this musical, Dusty was given the opportunity to play as the evil dentist, Orin Scrivello.
- Wyatt Plume, a freshman, has done One Acts and musical for 1 year. Along with his brother Dusty, Wyatt was also given the opportunity to play as Mr. Mushnik, the shop owner.
There are many more members but to keep this short we’ll go with the many leads. These kids have put in countless hours and have worked very hard to make this musical the best in UHS musical history. Good luck to the leads, ensemble, and stage crew on making this musical a reality.
The show is March 12, 13 & 14 at 7:00. Buy your tickets upfront or online: https://www.showtix4u.com/