The Uniontown High School has recently installed new security equipment. It consists of two new x-ray machines to check book bags and another metal detector to speed up the process of checking every student. There are a couple of new procedures with these new machines.
Here are the new procedures:
- All students are to enter the building through the cafeteria doors, this new procedure applies throughout the day also.
- Students should arrive early or on time. They can begin entering through the cafeteria doors at 7:40 am.
- Students will walk through the metal detectors, and they will be asked to put their bags through the new x-ray machines.
- In order for this process to go smoothly, students are asked to put phones, earbuds, jewelry, and keys in their book bag.
- Students who bring drinks will be asked to take them out of their bag, and take it through the metal detector with them, so no spills occur in the x-ray machine and cause damage.
Thank you to our security personnel for their efforts to ensure that safety is a top priority. Also thank you to the students for your cooperation. Remember school safety is everyone’s responsibility.