Dancing with the Stars is returning to ABC for its 16th season! The popular TV show premieres on Monday, March 18th at 8:00 p.m. The upcoming cast has just recently been announced. It includes Grammy winners, Olympians, and television stars. The show is hosted by Tom Bergeron, from America’s Funniest Home Videos, and Brooke Burke-Charvet, who is also the show’s Season 7 winner. The three prestigious judges will also be returning; Len Goodman, Bruno Tonioli, and Carrie Ann Inaba.
DWTS first aired on June 1, 2005 on ABC. Sixteen seasons later, it’s become a highly anticipated show. Dancing with the Stars has had guests that include Apolo Ohno, Nicole Scherzinger, Emmitt Smith, and Shawn Johnson. The most recent edition was Season 15, the “All-Star Season.” The past contestants who stood out came back to see who was the ultimate champion, and Melissa Rycroft was crowned.
The Season 16 contestants are:
- Aly Raisman partnered with Mark Ballas
- Andy Dick partnered with Sharna Burgess
- D.L. Hughley partnered with Cheryl Burke
- Dorothy Hamill partnered with Tristan Macmanus
- Ingo Rademacher partnered with Kym Johnson
- Jacoby Jones partnered with Karina Smirnoff
- Kellie Pickler partnered with Derek Hough
- Lisa Vanderpump partnered with Gleb Savchenko
- Victor Ortiz partnered with Lindsay Arnold
- Wynonna Judd partnered with Tony Dovolani
- Zendaya Coleman partnered with Val Chmerkovskiy
Be sure to tune it to ABC Monday, March 18th at 8:00 to watch the opening night. The first elimination show is on the next day, Tuesday. You can also check out the DWTS page at ABC’s website. Who do you think will go all the way to win the Mirror Ball trophy?