I believe every girl enjoys the dinner and a movie date but once in a while, we want to do something a little more exciting. There are a lot of places to go and things to do, even on a budget. During our very long winter it was a pain to decide what to do with that special someone, especially if you did not want to be outside.
Fall/Winter Date Ideas
- If you like to cook, make your specialty for your sweetheart and watch a funny movie. Be prepared, watching them laugh might just be funnier than the movie!
- Go ice skating. It is a perfect excuse to hold hands and guys, be prepared to catch your girl if she happens to fall into your arms. Afterward, warm up with some hot chocolate.
- Go to an indoor rock climbing wall. Girls, challenge your guy to a race to the top and do not be afraid to show off your strength!
- Celebrate the first snow of the year by going sled riding! Being yourself is the best thing to be around your sweetheart.
- Go bowling.
- Go to a show. Whether it is put on by a big theater or a high school in your area.
- Go to a haunted house. There are plenty to choose from and see which of you gets scared the most!
- Take turns drawing “portraits” of each other. Make them as artsy or funny as you would like!
Spring/Summer Date Ideas
- Go to a Drive-In movie. It is so different than going to a theater! Bring blankets and pack your favorite snacks and drinks to save a little money.
- Find a concert that you both want to go to. Get lawn seats and snuggle up on a blanket.
- Go to the zoo.
- Go to a local state park and take a hike. Be sure to pack plenty of water and some snacks.
- Attempt to ride a tandem bike together. It would definitely be interesting for both of you!
During the winter months, my favorite is to make something for my boyfriend (most of the time it is a dessert) and cuddle up with a good movie. What I would like to do this summer would be to go to a drive-in movie and I would like to show him my favorite hiking places. What are your date plans this weekend?