JUNIORS: The Pennsylvania Governor’s School for Sciences will resume its five-week program of study at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh this summer. To be eligible:
- Students must have completed the 11th grade during school year 2012-2013 and be headed to attend 12th grade in the fall of 2013.
- PGSS is a five-week intensive program of study in which students take lecture courses in biology, chemistry, physics, math and computer science.
- The deadline for submitting applications has been extended until Feb. 5th.
- For more information see Mrs. Manges as soon as possible.
SPIRIT WEEK: We will continue with spirit week
- Thursday is wear your favorite pajamas
- Friday is maroon & white day
MATH TEAM: There will be no math team practice this week. All members of the math team need to see Mrs. Vaccaro individually this week to receive information regarding Monday’s competition.
FCA: There will be no FCA today. There will be FCA tomorrow February 7th meet at Joes at 6:15 for a trip to Cal. University
BASKETBALL: tickets FOR THE BOYS BASKETBALL GAME WITH Laurel Highlands on Friday will be on sale in the main office on Thursday morning for players, parents and students until 12:00. From noon until 3:00 and on Friday to the general public until sold out. Student tickets bought in the office are $1.00. Adult general admission tickets are $4.00. There will be no tickets sold at the door.
FACULTY, STAFF & STUDENTS: The sophomore class will be taking orders for flowers carnations for Valentine’s Day:
- $1.50 per flower
- teddy bears $1.00.
- Red – I love you
- Pink – I like you
- White – I would like to get to know you
- Yellow – a friend
Buy for your special someone for Valentine’s Day – on sale at lunches from officers.
PEP RALLY: There will be a pep rally on Friday. We will be on Schedule C.
SENIORS: Packets for ordering graduation announcements have been passed out in your homeroom. Please turn these packets in by Friday, Feb. 8th.
YEARBOOKS 2013: Yearbooks will be on sale for pre-order until March 1.
- Nov. 27th – Dec. 22nd $55.00
- Jan 2 – March 1 $65.00 cash/check
- $60.00 online
- No price increase for 2013.