By: Olivia Riggin
27,927…This is the surprisingly large number of Seasonal Influenza outbreaks in Pennsylvania so far this season. Just in Fayette County there have been 358 reported cases. This Influenza outbreak is reported to be the most severe since at least 2009.
Seasonal Influenza(Flu) is a type of respiratory illness that is contagious. The Flu is a mild to severe illness. In some cases it can even lead to death. These instances are usually due to other conflicting health problems, age, or a weak immune system.
- fever and/or feverish chills
- sore throat
- runny or stuffy nose
- muscle or body aches
- fatigue (weak and tired)
- vomiting and/or diarrhea
- Take a trip to your doctor’s office or a local pharmacy and get a Flu vaccination
- Stay indoors until twenty-four hours after your fever is gone (cold-and-flu medicines containing the ingredient acetaminophen will reduce fever)
- When coughing or sneezing cover your mouth, preferably in a tissue or on your forearm. Sneezing in your hand can spread germs at a faster rate
- Wash your hands regularly and effectively
- Avoid excessively touching your nose, eyes or mouth
- Disinfect regularly touched surfaces such as, counter tops, tables, doorknobs, computer keyboards, cell phones, etc.
For More Information Visit Theses Links: