By: Madalene Bendishaw
Do you want to help save a life? Our SADD Club and Student Council is holding a blood drive on Thursday, March 21st. If you would like to sign up to donate blood you can see Mrs. Caromano or Amanda Giachetti, you must sign up by March 14th, also during your lunches there will be a table set up for you to sign up!
You need to be 17 years old and you need to have a photo ID and your permission slip to donate blood the day of the blood drive, if you are 16 and want to donate blood you must have two forms signed.
If you decide to give blood here are a few things you can do to be prepared for the blood drive.
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep
- Make sure to eat a healthy breakfast
- Don’t skip meals on the day of the blood drive
- Eat proteins or complex carbohydrates
- Have a few extra glasses of water
- If you drink water 10-30 minutes before your blood donation you may be less likely to get dizzy or light headed
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to be a blood donor and help people who need blood transplants.