Congratulations to all those track and field athletes who competed at the WPIAL Championships.
- The girls 3200 meter relay of Julie Gerber, Alexis Wivell, Jade Bellotti, Julie Friend medaled at 6th place with a new school record of 9:46.
- Nate Edenfield medaled in the 800 meter at 7th placed with a new school record of 1:57.52 (which was a 30-year old record!).
- Sara Brown was in the top 12 of long jumpers with a leap of over 17 feet.
- The boys 3200m relay of Jake Cahn, Brady Guthrie, Bennet Clark and Nate Edenfield placed in the top 15 with a time of 8:34.
- Brady Guthrie ran a personal best time in the 2 mile with a time of 10:12, placing in the top 20.
- Bru Martin medaled in the triple jump with a 6th place finish with a hop, skip and a jump (the triple jump) of over 43 ft.
- Nicole Bell qualified for the state championship in high jump with a height of 5 foot 3 inches tying for 3rd place
- Julie Friend qualified for the state championships medaling in the mile at 7th place and the 2-mile at 5th place. She ran the mile in 5:09 and two mile in 11:09.
Nicole Bell and Julie Friend will compete at Shippensburg University for the PIAA State Championship.
“Running, one might say, is basically an absurd past-time upon which to be exhausting ourselves. But if you can find meaning, in the kind of running you have to do to stay on this team, chances are you will be able to find meaning in another absurd past-time: life.”
– Bill Bowerman